Meet Cheryl Zealand, Founder and CEO of Cranked Energy Bars – a protein bar company started in a home kitchen and now carried by over 100 Manitoba retailers and set for national expansion.
Cheryl speaks with us about not only the business, but about her journey and focus along the way of supporting the community.
If you are starting a food based business from your home kitchen and want to learn to build your brand – tune in to this episode for tips from Cranked Energy Bars!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- 0:33 Meet Cheryl Zealand, Founder of Cranked Energy Bars
- 9:00 Stress and Emotion in Business
- 12:20 Starting Out in a Rental Kitchen & Understanding Inspections
- 17:13 Lessons Learned (ex. co-packing, hiring)
- 23:00 Moving Into Your Own Space & Believing in Yourself
- 28:00 SPEED ROUND
- 31:20 How to Work With Retailers
- 35:00 Giving Back to the Community
- 43:30 Preparing to Expand Nationally
- 50:45 Online Sales
- 54:10 The Future of Cranked Energy Bars
Follow Our Guest – And Let Them Know What You Learned From This Episode:
Find Your Start – Episode Resources Mentioned by Our Guest:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Women in Business
- Obby Khan and Green Carrot Juice Co.
- Food Development Centre (FDC in Portage la Prairie)
Follow Start Canada Podcast – And Share What You Learned From This Episode:
- Facebook: @StartCanadaPodcast
- Instagram: @StartCanadaPodcast
- LinkedIn: @StartCanadaPodcast
- Twitter: @MargauxAMiller
- YouTube: @StartCanadaPodcast
Start Canada Podcast is supported by: